You may be reluctant to leave your memories behind or eager to start new and exciting adventures. Remember, I am here to help you with any of your needs. Call or e-mail me today!
GETTING YOUR HOUSE READY TO SELL
- Introduction: Emotion vs. Reason
- De-Personalizing the House
- Removing Clutter, Though You May Not Think of it as Clutter
- Fixing Up the House Interior
- Fixing up Outside the House
- WANT TO START OFF WITH A HIGH SALES PRICE? BEWARE!
- Meeting with Real Estate Professionals
- Which Real Estate Professional Do You Choose?
- What Happens Behind the Scenes
- Dropping Your Price…Too Late?
TYPES OF LISTING CONTRACTS
- Open Listings
- One-Time Show
- Exclusive Agency Listings
- Exclusive Right to Sell
DETAILS OF A LISTING CONTRACT
- Price and Terms of Sale
- Lockbox – Yes or No?
- Real Estate Commission
- Multiple Listing Service
- Agency Duties of a Listing Agent
- Resolution of Disputes
LISTING COMMISSIONS AND RELATED ISSUES
- Is the Commission Negotiable?
- How and When the Commission is Earned
- “Hot” Market Under-Pricing Strategy – Commission Issues
THE LISTING AGENT AND MARKETING YOUR HOME
- The “Real” Role of a Listing Agent
- Preliminary Marketing – the “For Sale” Sign
- Preliminary Marketing – Flyers and the Brochure Box
THE LISTING AGENT – MARKETING YOUR HOUSE TO OTHER AGENTS
- The Multiple Listing Service
- Office Preview
- Broker Previews and Culinary Delights
- Office Flyers
- Marketing Sessions
THE LISTING AGENT – MARKETING YOUR HOUSE TO HOME BUYERS
- The Purpose of Advertising in General
- Real Estate Company Advertising
- Individual Agent Advertising
- Neighborhood Announcements
- Open Houses
SHOWING YOUR HOUSE TO HOME BUYERS
- Convenience and Availability
- Why You Should Not Be Home
- Lighting, Fragrances, Pet Control and More
- Keeping the House Tidy and Neat